Today I have the perfect summertime weekend treat for you to enjoy. You will love this deliciously frosty, lightly spiced and naturally sweetened parfait!
I happen to have a thing with buying underripe bananas, completely forgetting about them, and then suddenly finding myself with more overripe bananas than I know what to do with. Thankfully bananas are ideal for freezing and blending.
Last fall I made an awesome recipe for Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Parfaits. I knew I wanted to use the ultra-thick frozen consistency to create another smoothie parfait tailored for summer.
This recipe includes lots of frozen bananas (a great way to use up some of your stash), strong brewed chai tea ice cubes, almond or soy milk (I like using vanilla flavour but unsweetened works just fine too!), creamy roasted almond butter, coconut milk (or coconut yogurt), dates, vanilla, a little bit of maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon and ginger.
This recipe is super easy, cooling, and totally appropriate for breakfast, snacks, or even a light dessert.
I topped my parfaits with Nature’s Path Coconut Chia Granola, fresh ripe blueberries, chopped apricots, a dollop of Yoso’s Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt, and a drizzle of PURE Infused Lavender Chai Maple Syrup. Feel free to customize this parfait with whatever summer fruits you have on hand – a mix of fresh berries, peaches, nectarines, cherries, or sliced bananas would all work beautifully!
With a little bit of prep work these parfaits come together in no time – they’re just as easy as whipping up a quick smoothie! I love the decadent look of a pretty layered parfait but you can serve this as a simple smoothie bowl too! This recipe is easy, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened. Enjoy!
- 5 frozen bananas
- 1 cup chai tea ice cubes (directions in notes)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream or coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch dried ginger
- coconut yogurt
- fresh blueberries
- chopped apricots
- maple syrup (Pure Infused’s Lavender Chai is a great way to enhance the chai flavour!)
- In a high speed blender combine all ingredients (minus toppings) and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- If the consistency isn’t thick enough, place in a bowl and freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring often.
- Scoop half of the banana chai smoothie into a bowl or glass. Top with 1/2 cup of granola, fresh blueberries, chopped apricots, a dollop of coconut yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!