Today I want to talk to you about some of my favourite bright and shiny NEW and awesome things. First of all, the obvious:
We’ve got a new month starting and it just so happens to be the brightest and shiniest of the year! December, aka “Christmas month”, starts tomorrow! And in just 31 days, we’ll be kicking off a brand new year!
And maybe you’ve noticed that I Love Vegan is sporting a new refreshed look? Just recently I stayed up irresponsibly late and made some updates to the blog’s typography, colour scheme, logo, background, and sidebar, plus a couple of other minor changes. Did I mention that my intention was just to switch up of the fonts on the site??? When inspiration strikes, I let it do its thing.
Spurred on by I Love Vegan’s snazzy new look, I absolutely needed to add an awesomely comprehensive recipe index, right away. Now you can see every single recipe that’s on our blog (even when it’s just a wee little recipe, buried in a BIG recipe, like a vegan lunch bowl!), listed out all on ONE page for some ridiculously easy searching. There might not be any pretty pictures, but I think you’ll love the simple usability.
Now, the next item on my list of awesome new things I NEED to tell you about, are these beauties right here:
Now tell me, honestly, are these not some of the most beautiful potatoes you’ve ever seen??
Here’s a little info on the beautiful new Chilean Splash Creamer potatoes, they’re:
- a one-of-a-kind special seasonal varietal bred in the Chilean Andes
- bold and downright gorgeous! Seriously, get a load of that purple “splash”!
- similar in size to The Little Potato Company’s Fingerling potatoes
- slightly sweet, soft-skinned and ultra-velvety in texture
- pre-washed and require no peeling, just like the rest of The Little Potato Co’s Creamers.
- They’re also a fantastic source of fibre and potassium! Cheers for nutritious and delicious whole foods!
In this recipe, I decided to let simplicity reign supreme and I let the Creamer potatoes shine. I quartered the Chilean Splash Creamers, mixed them with a splash of olive oil, dried chipotle, paprika, garlic and powder, salt and pepper, and popped them in the oven to roast to crispy perfection. With the potatoes roasting in the oven, we can turn our attention to making the most luxuriously creamy and flavourful avocado dressing, EVER. I can now 100% promise you that crispy spicy potatoes were meant to mingle with this addictively garlicky, lemon-y creamy avocado aioli. Seriously. From now on, I’m serving it with sweet potato fries, regular fries, every type of crispy potato, all the sandwiches and veggie burgers, raw vegetables, salads, and everything else imaginable. It is THAT good. Make it and love it, ASAP!
Happy Cooking, potato lovers!
This post is sponsored by . We love them for their commitment to simple, healthy whole foods like their delicious Creamer potatoes. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan! Learn more about why we love Little Potatoes SO much at
- 1 lb , quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion
- parsley, minced for garnish
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 – 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- black peppercorn, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine potatoes with olive oil and spices. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the potatoes out, cut side down.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, flip, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until crispy, golden-brown, and tender when poked with a fork.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Optional: Add a splash of unsweetened non-dairy milk to thin to your desired consistency, from a thick dip to a thin dressing.
- Taste and adjust the amount of salt, pepper, and lemon juice, if needed.
- Serve potatoes plain with a side of dip, or serve drizzled with thinned dressing, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.