Holiday recipes, coming right up!
Over the next 2 weeks, I’ll be sharing some of my favourite classic Christmas recipes, all veganized. If you’ve been a reader for quite some time, you might recognize them. That would be because they’re reposts of some older recipes that tragically went missing after a theme upgrade last year. Ugh, super frustrating! 😡
So, here are some of the recipes you can expect coming up to Christmas:
- Dill Mashed Potatoes
- Mushroom Gravy
- Traditional Vegetable Walnut Stuffing
- Broccoli Almondine
- Classic Cranberry Sauce
First up, my favourite vegan Dill Mashed Potatoes! Soft, fluffy, creamy and flavourful, and they go perfectly with heaps of mushroom gravy (coming up next!)
- 6 medium sized russet potatoes, scrubbed, and quartered
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vegan margarine
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (or more) fresh dill, roughly chopped
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and mash in a large bowl.
- Add soy milk, margarine, salt, and dill. Mash until smooth, or until it they reach your desired consistency. For silkier mashed potatoes add more margarine and/or soy milk.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper, and serve with vegan gravy.