Hello friends! Happy New Year!! I hope you’ve enjoyed the holidays!
Can you believe it’s already 2016?? January 1st also happens to be my birthday! This year I turned the big 25, or in my overdramatic words: “a quarter century old”.
This year, my New Years resolution was to not to make any resolutions. I kinda hate them. For me, they are just way too much pressure. They’re just a fantastic way to make me feel like I’ve failed the whole year in less than a month.
Still, I do plan on improving over last year. I think that’s feasible. So to kick off this whole being 25 thing, and this whole 2016 thing, I want to take a quick peek at the last year. 2015 felt really difficult, but when I really started reflecting on the year, I was surprised by just how much we accomplished and grew. So let’s look at what we got up to last year! First, the recipes:
New Recipes + Food Posts in 2015:
- Sweet Potato, Kale & Black Bean Loaf with Tangy BBQ Maple Gastrique Glaze
- Vegan Gingerbread Tea Latté
- Cheesy Vegan Potato & Broccoli Casserole
- Crispy Potatoes with Garlic Lemon Avocado Aioli
- Kare Kare Toasted Peanut Tofu & Vegetables
- Vegan Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Roasted Vegan Thanksgiving Bowl ♥
- Veggie Croquettes
- Simple Roasted Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
- Grilled Veggie Taco Bowl
- Grilled Veggie Kebabs with Creamer Potatoes & Tofu
- Banana Chai Smoothie Parfait
- Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal
- Potato Veggie Lentil Curry
- Loaded Vegan Nacho Plate
- Perfect Summertime Lemonade
- Our Vegan Groceries
- Vegan Cheesy Potato and Asparagus Soup
- Tomato Basil Salad with Seasoned Tofu
- Chipotle Maple Glazed Tofu Burgers
- Spicy Nacho Potato Bites
- The Best Green Smoothie ♥
- Vegan Rainbow Potato Salad ♥
- Tofu Noodle Soup ♥
- Healthy Veggie Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
- The Big Southwest Lentil Salad Bowl ♥
- Roasted Garlic Red Lentil Hummus
- Sweet Pumpkin Seed Protein Granola ♥
- Raspberry Almond Milk
- Lentil + Chickpea Salad Sandwiches ♥
- Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowl ♥
- Chickpea & Vegetable Coconut Curry Soup ♥
- Warm Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce ♥
Personal & Blogging Achievements
Our most notable highlights for the year were adopting sweet little Lacey, buying our first home, and celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. On I Love Vegan, we overhauled the entire site, started working with brands we truly love, our photography continued to improve, and we developed some recipes that have become staples in our home.
Here’s a little timeline of 2015’s highlights:
January: We begin fostering Lacey through Save Old Souls & are chosen as Little Potato Company Brand Ambassadors. February: We enter 4 recipes into Canadian Lentils Recipe Revelations Challenge and our Lentil & Chickpea Salad Sandwiches win the grand prize! March: We post our first official recipe as Little Potato Company Brand Ambassadors: Healthy Veggie Lentil Shepherd’s Pie April: We decide we love Lacey too darn much to let her go and decide to adopt her. Yay! May: We create this recipe for Chipotle Maple Glazed Tofu Burgers to try out as brand ambassadors for PURE Infused. It does the trick and we officially become Pure Infused Brand Ambassadors! October: We celebrate 1 year as an old married couple. Yee! Here’s to many more! November: We move out of our first rental after 5 years and into our 1st house that’s all our own! December: We hit our first 100,000+ pageview month on I Love Vegan – Thank you!!!
What I learned in 2015
With all the new experiences in 2015, I learned a ton. I talked on the phone so many times I had no choice but get over my fear of phone calls. We bought a house and I learned that you don’t need to be scared to ask stupid questions (and trust me, I did.) I learned how to ask for help when I needed it. I learned that I need to push waaay outside my comfort zone in order to achieve my goals. But mostly, I learned that I won’t always be content with what I can do in a day, but with consistency, I can accomplish so much in a year.
What to expect in 2016:
We’ve got big things in store for you this year!
- A wider variety of posts: more grocery posts, casual meal prepping posts, technical/tutorial posts, and vegan food reviews
- Brand collaborations with The Little Potato Company, PURE Infused Maple Syrup, Pulo Cuisine, Suncoast Gold Macadamia Milk, and Snapware.
- Diverse photography – It’s time to invest in some new backdrops (I love my wonkily stained 2×4’s sooo much but it’s time to branch out a little) and experiments with artificial lighting – Yikes!!
That’s a wrap on this recap. Thank you so much for all of your support, we really could not be doing this without all of your help. THANK YOU ♥ We’re looking forward to another year of vegan goodness!