This healthy smoothie bowl could probably pass for a Valentine’s Day dessert, but I suggest enjoying it as a filling breakfast or snack instead. It’s full of healthy ingredients and decadent flavours!
This blog post is inspired by Love Crunch’s Apple Chia Crumble Granola, a delicious blend of organic oats, chopped apples, pecans, chia seeds, and cinnamon. It makes for a great snack all by itself (or with almond milk!) or as an ingredient in recipes like this smoothie bowl!
This smoothie bowl begins with a thick and frosty blend of frozen bananas, coconut milk, a little maple syrup, and a dash each of cinnamon and vanilla. When blended, frozen bananas have a lovely soft serve ice cream consistency which makes the perfect sturdy base for smoothie bowls.
I whipped and blended some soft pitted dates with coconut oil, coconut milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup to create a smooth caramel spread. When chilled, the date caramel gets thick and chewy in texture.
Top the sweet creamy base studded with chewy caramel bits with a sprinkle of Love Crunch Apple Chia Crumble Granola, thin slices of fresh green apples, and a touch of cinnamon. This Valentine’s Day, show yourself some love and treat yourself to a Love Crunch smoothie bowl! ♥
This post is sponsored by Nature’s Path. We love Nature’s Path for their delicious selection of vegan granolas and breakfast cereals AND because of their awesome Bite4Bite Program. For every bag of Love Crunch granola sold, Nature’s Path donates the equivalent to Food Banks across North America. Love Crunch is available at your favourite grocery store or natural food retailer and online at shop.naturespath.com (US) or well.ca (Canada)
Thank you for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan!
- 1 cup soft pitted dates
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp maple syrup
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 3 frozen bananas, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp date caramel
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- pinch cinnamon
- 3/2 cup Love Crunch Apple Crumble Granola
- 1/3 apple, thin sliced
- cinnamon sticks
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra date caramel (or more!)
- In a food processor, combine dates and coconut oil. Process until smooth, using a spatula to pull the date mixture away from the sides as needed. Once smooth, add the coconut milk and maple syrup. Transfer to an air tight food storage container.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend frozen bananas, date caramel, coconut milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon until smooth. The mixture will be very thick.
- Serve the banana smoothie base in a bowl and top with small spoonfuls of date caramel. Gently stir the dollops of date caramel into the smoothie. Top with thin sliced apples, cinnamon, and Love Crunch Apple Chia Crumble Granola. Eat with a spoon.