I’m on a quest for new dinner ideas. The criteria? I need more dinners that are faster than take out, satisfying (and delicious), and they absolutely NEED to use as few dishes as possible. I’ve gotta tell ya, I do not think counter-top dishwashers were made for recipe developers. I am so sick of doing dishes.
So today’s recipe is going to check off everything on my list. Let’s dig in!
This light & creamy vegan penne primavera is exactly the type of dinner I’m talking about. It’s a satisfying pasta dish that’s ready in 30 minutes (yes!), requires just 1 pan (not too many dishes!), and it has a twist (coconut!)
Al denté penne noodles, broccoli florets, peas, red bell pepper,
There is a secret that makes this dinner extra quick and easy and it’s my new favourite pasta, Barilla Pronto! I am all for those quick and easy tricks that make my kitchen life easier without compromising on taste. Barilla’s new Pronto line is officially the coolest and newest trick in my kitchen. This pasta is cooked in 10 minutes TOTAL (no waiting for water to boil), requires no draining (saving on dishes!), is totally vegan, and it’s made with the same ingredients as regular Barilla pasta. How cool is that? In Canada, Barilla Pronto is available in 4 varieties: rotini, penne, cut macaroni, and half-cut spaghetti (not shown below, sorry!) Seriously, I’m hooked on this stuff. Thank you Barilla for making my kitchen life easier!
Of course, this dish wouldn’t be complete without heaps of cashew parm. Hopefully you’ve already got some on hand, if not, that’s okay! Even if you do need to make a batch, this dinner will still be complete in 30 minutes. How’s that for an easy vegan dinner?
This post is sponsored by Barilla Canada. We love Barilla’s Pronto line because it’s quick and easy to prepare and totally vegan! For more info and recipes, check out barilla.ca! Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan!
- 1 box Barilla Pronto Penne, prepared according to package instructions
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (or olive/canola oil)
- 1 cup packed broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (1/4 lemon)
- black pepper, to taste
- , to taste
- Prepare penne pasta according to box instructions. Do not rinse, set aside.
- In same pan heat vegan butter over medium-high heat. Sauté broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes before adding red bell pepper and garlic and sautéing for an additional 3 minutes. Add the peas and green onion and cook until vegetables are just tender.
- Whisk in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder and nutritional yeast. Cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in coconut milk and veggie broth and bring to a simmer (the sauce should thicken slightly.) Add cooked penne noodles, lemon juice, black pepper, and stir well. Taste and adjust seasonings to suit your preferences.
- Serve topped withand black pepper.