This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company.
This Spicy Sriracha Nourish Bowl is plant-based nutrition turned up to the MAX! We’ve got healthy fats, starches, beans, greens, and veggies, all neatly tucked into 1 easy to prepare (and easier to eat) lunch bowl!
In this bowl we have: fluffy rice, spicy-tangy marinated kidney beans and greens, crispy sriracha roasted Creamer potatoes, and a fresh smattering of toppings: sliced avocado, tomatoes, green onion, sriracha, and plenty of black pepper.
For this tasty Little Potato Company recipe, we’re using their Something Blue Creamer potatoes. These pretty little blue-skinned, yellow-fleshed gems are a joy to cook with! They’re bold in flavour, tender and buttery in texture, and full of nutrition.
PS: We’ve got a Little Potato Company giveaway happening for 1 lucky Canadian or US reader! Scroll down to the recipe to enter!
This is half salad, half warming rice bowl. The rice and potatoes are served hot and topped with cool marinated beans and greens. I love the temperature contrast but you can heat the cold components if you prefer – that’s how I ate the leftovers and they were A++.
This bowl is easy breezy.
- Preheat your oven
- Cook up some rice (or whichever grain you prefer!)
- Prep the dressing and marinate your kidney beans and greens (spinach and baby kale is what I used here but coleslaw is a crunchy and delicious sub.)
- Chop up some Little Potato Company Creamers and toss ’em with olive oil, garlic, sriracha, salt, and pepper.
- Fire those spicy potatoes into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Mmm… Crispy-tender spicy potato perfection!
- Prep your toppings and assemble those bowls! Avocado, green onion, tomato, a squeeze of lemon and a scribble of sriracha.
- DIVE IN!
This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. We love them for their commitment to simple, healthy whole foods like their delicious Creamer potatoes. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan! Learn more about why we love Little Potatoes at www.littlepotatoes.com
Giveaway Details: We’re giving away a 1 Month Supply of The Little Potato Company’s Creamer potatoes to 1 lucky reader from the US or Canada. Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck! Giveaway ends Monday, March 13th at 11:59PM, Mountain Standard Time. The winner will be contacted privately by email and displayed on the Rafflecopter widget. Good luck potato lovers! ♥ a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1–2 cups cooked rice
- chopped green onion
- halved grape tomatoes
- fresh avocado
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Something Blue Little Potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp dressing
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1–2 handfuls baby kale and spinach (or coleslaw)
- 2+ tbsp dressing
- Cook 1-2 cups or more of rice.
- In a bowl, layer 1/2-1 cup cooked rice, half of the sriracha potatoes, half of the marinated kidney beans, 1/2 of the greens. Top with fresh avocado, halved grape tomatoes, and chopped green onion.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine chopped potatoes, olive oil, sriracha, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 15-30 minutes (until potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.)
- In a blender, combine water, lemon juice, sriracha, sugar, and salt. Blend well.
- While blending on low, slowly add olive oil to the dressing.
- Season with black pepper.
- Marinate kidney beans and chopped green onion in 2 tbsp dressing (marinate for atleast 20 minutes – but the longer the better!)
- Massage greens with dressing and set aside.