This post is sponsored by
bscenely delicious. “Obscene” is my current go-to word for things that are just TOO MUCH (good or bad), like these tacos, they’re just TOO MUCH DELICIOUS.
Let’s get to the specifics: Crispy fried tacos stuffed with slightly smoky, cumin-spiced Creamer potatoes topped with fresh pico de gallo, ripe avocado, chopped tomato and cilantro. Oh, and a squeeze of lime – Don’t forget the lime wedge!
The filling is a short and simple 7 ingredients: The Little Potato Company’s Little Charmers, vegan butter or olive oil, garlic, cumin, adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers packed in adobo), and salt + pepper. That’s it!
The filling is ready in about 25 minutes. Frying the tortillas takes less than 2 minutes per batch. Totally do-able, even on a weeknight!
This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. We love them for their commitment to simple, healthy whole foods like their delicious Creamer potatoes. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan! Learn more about why we love Little Potatoes at www.littlepotatoes.com
- 1.5 lbs (1/2 bag) of(Creamer potatoes), halved
- Salted water, for boiling potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- 8–12 corn tortillas
- Canola or sunflower oil, for frying tortillas
- To serve:(salsa fresca), sliced avocado, chopped tomato, cilantro, and lime wedges
- Add halved potatoes to a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Heat vegan butter or olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add drained potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, salt, black pepper, and adobo sauce. Stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mash 1/3-1/2 of the potatoes and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- Prep your desired toppings before frying corn tortillas.
- In a large frying pan, heat a generous amount of oil over medium-high heat (¼” deep.) Allow plenty of time for the oil to get up to temperature (if the oil isn’t hot enough your tacos will be greasy.) Add 1-2 corn tortillas (don’t crowd the pan) and fry for 20-30 seconds. Flip tortillas and fold them roughly in half, fry for 15-20 seconds, flip and fry the other side for 15-20 seconds (until both sides are golden brown.) Drain on a cooling rack with an absorbent kitchen towel (or paper towel) underneath to absorb excess oil.
- While tacos are still hot, gently spread them open, add ¼-1/3 cup potato filling. Top with pico de gallo, fresh avocado, chopped tomato, and cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime.