- ½ cup + ⅓ cup/208ml (180g) granulated cane sugar (I use the brand )
- ½ cup/125ml (110g) brown sugar, packed (I use the brand )
- ¾ cup/185ml (170g) vegan butter, such as
- 2 tbsp/30ml (15g) ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup/60ml non-dairy milk (I used )
- 1 tsp/5ml pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups/560ml (300g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp/5ml baking soda
- ¼ tsp/1.25ml salt
- ¾ cup/175ml (125g) chocolate chips (check to be sure they’re dairy-free)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Prepare flax “eggs”: In a small bowl or custard cup, stir together ground flaxseed, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Let sit for 5 minutes or until you’ve completed step 3.
- Cream granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegan butter in a bowl with a paddle for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add flax “egg” and vanilla extract to the mixture. Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients the creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet, leaving at least 1” between cookies to allow room for them to spread while they bake. NOTE: I used a ¼ cup ice cream scoop, not completely full for large, evenly sized chocolate chip cookies.
- Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 12 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the cookies are soft to the touch and appear puffy. Leave chocolate chip cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes to firm up before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store vegan chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container.