Back to Top
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup water or unsweetened soy milk (use any non-dairy milk)
- a small pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2–3 squares of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tspor other sweetener
- toppings such as shredded coconut, sliced almonds, and almond butter
- soy or almond milk, for topping (use any non-dairy milk)
- Bring water and salt to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium, and add the oats. Cook until nearly thick, about 3 minutes*.
- Add date syrup or other sweetener, cocoa, cranberries, and ground flax seed. Stir and cook until thick, about another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, mix in chocolate chunks, transfer to a bowl and serve with toppings and a splash of soy milk.