Back to Top
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1–2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- dash cinnamon
- drizzle of maple syrup or agave syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler to 400°F.
- Spread each piece of bread with a layer of almond butter.Lay thin slices of apple onto each slice and sprinkle them with cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Place both slices under the hot broiler. Leave the oven door open about an inch or two.and watch carefully. When the apples look hot and slightly tender remove them from the oven.
- Sandwich both slices together and place back under the broiler, leave the door open slightly and watch carefully, don’t let your bread burn! Once it’s toasted to your liking, remove from oven, flip it over and toast the other side.
- Once both sides of your sandwich are toasted take it out of the oven, slice diagonally, and enjoy while it’s hot!