Back to Top
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup packed, chopped dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, apricots, etc.)
- 1/8 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts (can substitute with more chopped nuts)
- 2/3 cup soy protein isolate
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 –4 tbsp brown rice syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup packed soft pitted dates
- 1 oz. dark chocolate, melted over a double boiler for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together oats, dried fruit, nuts, hemp hearts, and soy protein isolate, set aside.
- Use a blender to blend together until smooth: banana, brown rice syrup, non dairy milk, dates, and flax, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Taste, and add more sweetener if desired.
- Line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper, and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cool, use a butter knife to release the edges of the granola bars from the pan. Slide the granola bars out of the pan and onto a counter. Drizzle with melted chocolate, and cool in the fridge until chocolate is hard. Cut into 8 pieces. Store in refrigerator.