Back to Top
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup Thompson raisins or dried cranberries
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy milk (use any non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp molasses
- shredded coconut, and chopped walnuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, walnuts, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, soy milk, coconut oil, and molasses.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together. Be very careful not to over mix, stir until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin liners, or a greased muffin tin dusted with flour.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and coconut.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.